Raising money for charity and increasing awareness for local businesses
Every month in 2018 Dukes are celebrating hitting the milestone of 25 years in business with a different event or perk for the staff.
For the month of May we hosted a charity tombola and auction to raise awareness of local businesses and raise money for our local charity Douglas Macmillan Hospice and our chosen charity Alzheimer's Society.
Based in Stone, we sought a range of prizes from local, independent businesses across Staffordshire. The support and generosity that we received from the community was fanastic! We had a whole range of prizes donated including:
- A Gin School Experience for 2 people at Nelson's Gin Distillery
- Toboganning for 2 at the Snowdome
- An Emma Bridgewater experience for 2 people
- A magnum of champagne from Whitebridge Wines
- A free beauty treatment at Bronze and Beautyful
- Gift boxes of bottled beers from Lymestone Brewery and Ten Green Bottles co
- A voucher for 2 people to bounce at FlipOut Stoke
- Fitness class vouchers
- Vouchers for other eateries in Stone
- Nelson’s Gin glasses & Gin set
- Spa evening for 2 people at Moddershall Oaks
- Tickets for 2 people to see The Lion King in London
- x2 Land Rover Experience days
Our most popular items in the auction with the highest bidders were:
- Spa evening sold at a bid of £95
- Nelson’s Gin School Experience with a winning bid of £110
- Matinee tickets for 2 people to see The Lion King in London – with a huge bid of £180
- x2 Land Rover Experience days with a combined total of £207 paid
With thanks to local businesses who donated prizes we were able to have a lot of fun and raise a fantastic amount for charity. Below are some pictures of the team with their prizes.